ENABLES SHARING CLINICAL DOCUMENTS : Across the enterprise implementing IHE XDS integration profiles.
The XDS repository stores documents in a transparent and persistent manner and responds to document retrieval requests. This is built on a Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) over several types of persistency layers (File System, Content Management and RDBMS). It also centralizes administration and configuration of the component(s)
“Breakdown data silos and enhance collaboration across the continuum of care.”
iDOC™ facilitates registration, distribution and access of patient electronic health records across health enterprises.
It is responsible for storing information or metadata about those documents so that the documents of interest for the care of a patient may be easily found, selected and retrieved irrespective of the repository where they are actually stored. Any IT systems (e.g. point of care) may act as Document Sources or Document Consumers submitting documents for registration, or querying/retrieving relevant documents.
iDOC™ Key Features
- Document Submission from Source.
- Document search and query from Consumer.
- Document Retrieval from Consumer.
- Keeping log of every transaction.
- Integrated with ATNA framework to keep every audit log and to authenticate all participating consumers and source nodes.
- Exchange large payload sizes of up to 1 GB while maintaining throughput requirements.
- Act as DIRECT gateway and entity can perform all activities required to be done as HISP.
- Provide Admin GUI to show dashboard and health check of the system.
- Can configure certificates for different gateways.
- Easy to monitor Gateway interface and check health of all connecting gateways.
iDOC™ Inbuilt Component
- iDOC™ GatewayAn encapsulation of services that represent the core gateway
- Orchestration ComponentsAn encapsulation of services that send and receive messages and orchestrate the processing of those messages
- Document QueryThe service responsible for orchestrating and processing a document query as part of the Query for Documents core service
- Document RetrievalThe service responsible for orchestrating and processing the retrieval of patient documents as part of the Retrieve Documents service
- Document SubmissionThe service responsible for orchestrating the processing the submission of patient documents as part of the Document Submission service
- Audit RepositoryA repository used to store audit information. The reference implementation uses MySQL but may be replaced by an organization
- Exchange ManagerA service that manages endpoint URLs from both UDDI and HL7 FHIR Directory web services registry, stored in exchangeInfo.xml.
- Exchange SchedulerA component that is responsible for downloading and maintaining web service registry information from both NwHIN UDDI server and the HL7 FHIR Directory.
- Entity OrchestrationComponents contains the components that receive messages from the adapter and orchestrates the sending of messages to exchange partners and aggregation/processing of the responses
- Document RegistryA document registry that manages and stores the metadata associated with patient documents, plugged into the adapter service bus using the XDS.b interfaces.
- Document RepositoryA document repository that manages and stores patient documents, plugged into the adapter service bus using XDS.b interfaces.
- Policy EngineAn engine used to manage policies regarding access topatient information for the implementing organization
- DirectImplementation of the Direct Project standards and specications required to enable secure, directed health
- System Administration ModuleThis module is a web based Graphical User Interface (GUI) application that allows administrative users to manage CONNECT Gateway configuration, monitor gateway statistics, etc.
Security & Data Protection
- Server is SSL over TLS protected
- Data is encrypted using 2048-bit encryption key
- For HIPAA & HITRUST compliance App server and DB server can be configured on two separate physical nodes
- DB server is set up in secure mode with no anonymous user and no remote connectivity